This training will introduce you to the key concepts and tools for using containers, in particular Docker and Singularity containers. Containers make it easy to install software, move your computation between different computing environments, and make your workflow reproducible. The training will focus on the use of Singularity on Savio, the campus high-performance computing cluster, including how to use Docker images by Singularity in a cluster environment.
Topics will include:
- Overview of why you might use containers
- Running containers (using Singularity) on Savio, including using Docker images
- Building containers
- Using containers for parallel computation with MPI
- Using containers with GPUs
- Where to find pre-built containers
Please follow these instructions to install Singularity ahead of the training:
We will have consultants available starting at 3:15 to answer any questions in advance of the training.
Please note that the session will begin at 3:40 p.m.