Interested in hosting a workshop or event in the Academic Innovation Studio? Please read the instructions below and review our event policies before submitting your booking request.
The AIS welcomes all events that directly serve the needs of instructors and researchers and relate to teaching, learning, and research. Other events that have an academic focus will be considered on a case-by-case basis and cannot be guaranteed more than one month in advance.
Events not appropriate for the AIS include regular classroom instruction (e.g., teaching your undergraduate class in the AIS), closed administrative/planning meetings, and programs that are primarily aimed at students or the general public. All event requests must be approved by the AIS Program Manager.
- The Dwinelle large event space (Dwinelle 127) can accommodate 20-70 people, depending on the configuration of the room.
- The Dwinelle workshop space (Dwinelle 128) can accommodate up to 14 people.
- The Wheeler meeting room (Wheeler 208) can accommodate up to 20 people.
- The Wheeler workshop space (Wheeler 206) can also accommodate up to 20 people.
For a list of equipment and AV in each room, please review the AIS Event Policies document.
AIS event spaces can be booked up to six months in advance and no later than one week ahead of time. Events that occur outside of AIS open hours should be booked at least two weeks in advance, to ensure availability of student staff. Note: scheduling priority is given to AIS partner groups.
The large event space can be arranged into various layouts:
Closed rectangle or square: Chairs around tables (for up to 24 participants)
Lecture: Rows of tables & chairs facing front (for up to 32 participants)
Theater: Rows of chairs only (for up to 70 participants)
Workshop: Groups of tables with chairs (for up to 36 participants)
Other: (please describe and we will do our best to accommodate)
To book an event:
- Please check the calendar(s) below to ensure that the time you want is available. (Click the “Week” tab to see duration of existing items.) Allow at least 30 minutes between events for set up and clean up.
- Review the AIS Event Policies before making your request.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the date and time of your event, your intended audience, and expected number of participants. We will do our best to respond to your request within 48 hours.
- Once your event has been approved, please fill out our booking form to provide complete details.
Other Event Facilities
Looking for an alternative space on campus to hold your event? Here is a list of available spaces: http://events.berkeley.edu/?view=facilities