Why do some color combinations seem to work better than others? What do certain colors communicate, and which color choices are accessible for multiple audiences? Why is it important to know the difference between RGB, CYMK, and Spot colors? Learn all this and more in this hands-on workshop led by Digital Learning Services Senior Visual Designer Robert Hold.
In this workshop, participants will:
- See an overview of the color wheel, and the symbolism and psychology of color
- Learn the difference between RGB, CMYK and Spot colors
- Understand what accessiblity is and learn how to use a color contrast tool to ensure accessible text in all of your materials
- Take a visual tour of the UC Berkeley brand colors
- Download and learn to add or create an Adobe Swatch Exchange (ASE) file to your InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop files
- Get hands-on experience using Adobe Kuler
- See examples and hear how color palettes were chosen for Digital Learning Services projects
Please bring a laptop and mobile device. A light lunch will be provided for those who RSVP in advance.