AIS Support Partners
Partners bringing their services together to provide integrated guidance include:
bConnected provides online services to help you easily collaborate and share information across campus and around the world. The bConnected suite of services includes G Suite for Education (bMail, bCal, bDrive, bConnected Lists), Box, CalShare, bCourses Project Sites.
Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
The Center for Teaching and Learning partners with faculty to inspire, enrich, and innovate UC Berkeley’s collective practice and pursuit of teaching excellence.
- CTL website
- Schedule a consultation or request support via email
- Subscribe to Teach-net (moderated email list for discussions about teaching at Berkeley)
D-Lab helps Berkeley faculty, staff, and graduate students move forward with world-class research in data intensive social science. D-Lab provides cross-disciplinary resources for in-depth consulting and advising, access to staff support, and training and provisioning for software and other infrastructure needs.
- D-Lab website
- Information about trainings
- Information about consulting and other support
- Subscribe to the D-Lab mailing list
Digital Humanities@Berkeley (DH@B)
Digital Humanities at Berkeley builds capacity in teaching and research among faculty, graduate students, undergraduates, librarians, curators, and postdoctoral scholars. The project is designed to integrate the digital humanities into the central academic enterprise of the university while also taking advantage of opportunities to expose digital scholars to contexts that lie outside the academy. Centered in the Division of Arts and Humanities, the project also benefits from partnerships with a broad range of Berkeley entities, including a long-standing partnership with Research IT (RIT).
- Digital Humanities @ Berkeley website
- Information about consulting and support (managed through the D-Lab)
- Sign up for the DH@B newsletter
Digital Learning Services
Digital Learning Services is comprised of two teams, Instructional Design & Media and Learning Environments & Tools, who support faculty use of digital technologies and tools to support faculty in their pursuit of effective teaching and learning at Berkeley.
- DLS website
- Information and support for online tools for teaching:
- Request support via email
- Resources for creating accessible online content
Educational Technology Services (ETS)
ETS enhances and supports the UC Berkeley academic experience by providing essential, responsive and innovative technology services. ETS services include classroom technology support, audiovisual expertise and support, and instructional technology facilities.
- ETS website
- Support request forms for other ETS services (e.g., classroom technology, equipment checkout, Berkeley Audio Visual)
The UC Berkeley Library connects students and scholars to the world of information and ideas. The Library supports the teaching, research, and instructional needs of UCB faculty and students, holds over 12 million volumes, and includes 24 subject specialty libraries.
- Library website
- Request Library instruction for your class
Information on scheduling a research consultation
- Request for for general reference support
- Sign up for the Library newsletter
- LinkedIn Learning (online trainings free for students, faculty and staff)
Research IT provides research computing technologies, consulting, and community for the Berkeley campus. Our goal is to advance research through IT innovation. Berkeley Research Computing provides services and consulting related to high performance computing (HPC), cloud computing, and analytical environments on demand. The Research Data Management program, a partnership with the UC Berkeley Library, provides services and consulting in support of the diverse research data needs across campus. Research IT partners with campus museums to support the CollectionSpace collection management system. Research IT is also an active partner in the Digital Humanities program.
AIS Program Partners
In addition to service providers offering direct support out of the AIS, we collaborate with many organizations on events, workshops, and programs, including:
- American Cultures Center
- Berkeley Arts+Design
- Berkeley College Writing Programs
- Berkeley Institute for Data Sciences
- Berkeley Language Center
- Center for Studies in Higher Education
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- College of Letters and Sciences Undergraduate Studies
- Data Science Education Program
- Digital Humanities@Berkeley
- Disabled Students Program
- Division of Equity & Inclusion
- Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society
- Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation
- Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarships
- Public Service Center